Monday, January 30, 2012

14 Reasons I'm Showing Winter Some Love



  1. Your cold drink stays cold in the car.
  2. There's a good chance you will find money in your coat pockets when you pull the coat from the closet for the very first time.
  3. You can go to the store in your PJs...because they are under your coat.
  4. The grocery store does not have to be the last stop on your errand run because your frozen stuff will stay  frozen in your trunk.
  5. Your outdoor furniture will last longer (if you don't leave it out in the snow).
  6. The soup and hot chocolate experiences are enhanced by cold weather...I never want a big bowl of Beef Barley soup when it's 80 degrees outside?
  7. You can have homebody days wearing your pajamas as a uniform, without worrying that you are "wasting a sunny day".
  8. While I realize that Christ was born in a land of sand and palm trees...I still like snow on Christmas.
  9. Snow angels are the best...grass angels just lead to laundry challenges.
  10. Winter weather and snow help me appreciate summers...and capris...and flip flops...and open windows.
  11. While I'm not obsessed about the painting of my toenails...winter really allows me to let it slide on the priority list...because they are not showing.  Don't even get me started on how less often you really need to mow...I mean...shave your legs.
  12. Sledding, snowman construction, snowball fights...all much easier in the winter.  And I can read peacefully while the kids are outside screaming, having fun...because I'm inside behind the closed doors and windows.
  13. It's easier to avoid wearing a swimsuit during the winter...if you are into avoiding it.
  14. We are called to be content..."But godliness with contentment is great gain." (1 Timothy 6:6)...so quit the winter belly-aching already...it doesn't change the weather outlook.  You can only change your outlook.

Update: Another reason...I have a walk-in freezer/refrigerator (depending on the temperature) during the winter...some of you may call it "the garage".  A great asset during the holiday season!!

No comments: