Wednesday, February 1, 2012

ZZZZzzzzzz.....

I love naps.  They are treasured "me" times.

Napping is one of my love languages.

If napping were an Olympic event, I'd totally be a contender.  I would love the training regimen!

During my sophomore year in college, my roommate and I were voted the floor sleepyheads.  We were worthy.

I am not a "power napper"...someone who only needs a twenty minute snooze.  Twenty minutes would only  make me grump...-ier.  I am happiest when I can visit the Land of Nod for two hours...at least.  I guess you could say I'm a long distance napper, not a sprint napper.

My fave time to nap is on Sunday afternoon...after a morning of worship...during a football game.  Meaning that I nap during the football game...not that the worship is during a football game.  I mean...well...hopefully you know what I mean.

I recently confessed that I expect to leave this temporary earthly home with one regret...that I did not eat more guacamole.  As I ponder my love for naps, I now believe that I'll have two...the second being that I didn't appreciate the napping opportunities in my youth way...way...more.


Note:  The above picture is not me.  There is no way I would publish a picture of myself napping.  This is my youngest who had the nerve to crash one afternoon...after getting up before 5:30 a.m.  I did not get to nap.

2 comments:

Buffafly said...

I LOVE naps, too! I was quoted in my college newspaper as saying that I believe Nap Time should be enforced from pre-school through college graduation- little did I know they would be much needed well into adulthood. I plan on siestas into my elderly years, when I hope to be less concerned if my kids escape while I snooze.

Unknown said...

Buffafly...this is one more proof that we are sisters by another mister (and mother)! I do happen to know that you are of that variety that scares me...that only needs 20 minutes!