Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I Love Popcorn

This is one of my treasures acquired over the Christmas holiday...a Whirley-Pop...after years of testimonials from my sister.  I believe that my affinity for popcorn is genetic.  While I can't testify as to the earliest ancestor to salivate over the salted airy goodness, I do know that my Grandpa loved it.  I can still remember his metal electric popcorn popper.  While my grandma usually handled the cooking duties, this is the one snack that he officially had charge of.  He would ask "Sister, do you want some corn?"  The answer was always "Yes!" And he always made it salty.  I can't help but think about how much he would love the treat created in the Whirley-Pop...way better than anything combusted in the microwave.  While I do think I inherited the love of popcorn from him, it is too bad I didn't inherit his willingness to share.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thI have his electric popcorn popper in the cabinet. I need to use it instead of the microwave type. Had some corn tonight