Thursday, January 12, 2012

Friendship

Her friend moved to another state over fourteen months ago.  Today marks the fourth time they have seen each other in that time. And I love that they are always able to pick up like there has been no gap since their last visit.  While I understand this may not be a stretch for six-year-olds, it is the perfect opportunity to start understanding the gift of friendship.  I am so thankful for the special people God has placed in my life...ladies who teach me so much about faith, marriage, parenting and serving others. Because we are all so busy with our families and current seasons of life, our 'girlfriend' time is a rare opportunity. But it is always treasured...full of laughs...sometimes sprinkled with tears...and I love that we are always able to pick up like there has been no gap since our last visit.

No comments: