Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Photo of the Day...8/22/12..."Home"


Last night, before falling sleep, I was contemplating today's inspiration for the Photo of the Day challenge..."Home".  My thoughts ran all over the place...


  • The theological aspect..."going home" after this earthly life passes
  • Is "home" where I grew up?
  • Is "home" just the literal location of where I live now?
  • Is there an analogy to the "home" key on my keyboard?
  • What about the "home" plate?
  • "Home"-field advantage?
  • My love for being a "home"body
And then it was settled...while I do look forward to an eternal life of being "home" with my Creator...a close second has to be being "home" with the most important person in my life...my husband.  And that is the perspective I can share now...because I have no idea what my eternal "home" will be like.  

"Home" isn't where we live.  For me, home is wherever he is.  Home isn't even dependent upon where my children are...because they will all leave me someday...but he will still be with me.  And "home" isn't a place, but a peace.  "Home" is a haven...unconditional love...acceptance...shelter from the cruelty of the world.  He has seen me at my worst...and has certainly been responsible for bringing out my best.  I've said it before...and I'll say it again (trust me)...he isn't perfect...I'm not perfect...but we're perfect for one another, as planned by our Creator.  And I am most at "home" whenever and wherever I am with him.

For more info on the Photo of the Day challenge, go here.

No comments: