Monday, August 6, 2012

Photo of the Day...8/6/12..."Writing"


(Sigh)...Writing...my mind went a hundred different directions with this inspirational prompt.  Do I capture a pic of a beloved recipe written in my mom's handwriting because I love those kind of treasures?  Do I confess, as a homeschooling mom, how I have always struggled to find any love for teaching the skill of handwriting?  Is "writing" just a mechanical skill or is it the art of stringing words together to paint pictures for a reader...whether written by hand, typed in a document or shared as a Facebook status? Well, whatever it is...I love it personally!  I love to journal...sometimes I do so with pen and paper as shown above, sometimes I capture thoughts in Evernote, and sometimes I inflict it on the reader here at this blog.  Each are therapeutic to put the mind at rest...to unburden oneself, getting it off your chest in as peaceful manner as possible...to capture a specific spot in a person's journey through life...to express thoughts and emotions that are not as easy to verbalize.  And with this love of writing in mind, I, as a homeschooling mom, will persist in passing that love on as a treasure.  And if I don't succeed...at least they will have my journals to draw a laugh.

You can learn more about the Photo of the Day challenge here.

No comments: