Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Photo of the Day...8/8/12..."Glasses"


I tried to put it out of my mind...but it would not go away.  The only logical picture to share...inspired by the word "glasses"...was my first school picture wearing glasses.  This is from kindergarten...loving the alphabet blouse!!

I started wearing glasses as a four-year-old...switching to contacts at the ripe old age of 13.  My sight is terrible...the last consultation I've had for corrective surgery (which was not recently) revealed that the best I could hope for would be the ability of being able to wear thinner glasses after surgery.

Someday...when my self-image can take it...I may share other school pictures.  It would be an insightful journey through the eye glass fashion of the 70s and early 80s (assuming, of course, that what I was wearing was actually fashionable)...wire frames...great big round frames...brown tinted lenses...and the classic initials in the lower corner of one of the lenses...in case I needed a memory jogger, I guess.  It would also be an educational course for photographers on what NOT to do to avoid glare in a person's glasses & still be able to get a good picture.  But...I'm not ready to provide that public service.  Maybe when I've moved on from this earthly life...and my family has quit laughing at the pics.

For more info on the Photo of the Day challenge, go here.

No comments: