Friday, July 10, 2009

The Inaugural Post of Favorite Invention Fridays

Welcome to the first ever Favorite Invention Friday post. There can only be one first time at anything and I'm glad that you decided to join me for this one. Now, before we get to the primary purpose at hand, I do feel it necessary to take care of some business. I want to make it clear to all of you, that despite the rampant rumors, this is not the gig that led Sarah Palin to resign from being the governor of Alaska. Secondly, President Barack Obama will not be joining us today. He had discussed returning early from the G8 shindig in Europe to take over this responsibility. But, I told him that he has enough on his plate with banking, industry and healthcare. He could leave this one thing to me. If it doesn't go well, I'm sure I will hear from his appointed American Mommy Blogger Task Force ...a group comprised of single men who work in the aerospace industry and career women who have decided not to have children. Now on with FAVORITE INVENTION FRIDAY!!!!

The first post has to be dedicated to the item that inspired this whole concept...the FLOATIE BATHING SUIT!!! I love this item! It means that the kids get to go swimming way more because I don't have to get in with them to keep the three-year-old upright. I wouldn't say that it allows me to be a lazy mom...but it does allow me to stay dry, except in the event of an emergency or 85 degree water. It really is a win-win. The kids get to go swimming way more because they don't care what the water temp is -- to say that I was a bottleneck here would be an understatement. And, I get to read from a nearby perch, ready to leap in as needed...enjoying any number of books from my reading pile and catching a little vitamin D.

So please join me as I say "Thank you, floatie suit!! Thank you!!"

And I invite you to meet me here next Friday as I celebrate another wonderful item that brings quality to my life.

2 comments:

Falula said...

And a humble thankyouverymuch to my pool fave .....


.... the noodle.

Unknown said...

I would not be terribly surprised if the noodle found it's way into FIF someday. It is truly a marvel!