Saturday, July 18, 2009

Buttprints in the Sand

I originally came across this poem in Anita Renfroe's "A Purse-Driven Life" (A laugh out loud read, by the way!) and wanted to share it here. While looking for the poem online, I also found a site that now sells postcards, posters, etc. inspired by the poem. You can find that site here.

Enjoy the poem!

Buttprints in the Sand (author unknown)
One night I had a wondrous dream
One set of footprints there was seen
The footprints of my precious Lord
But mine were not along the shore.

But then some strange prints appeared
I asked the Lord, "What have we here?
Those prints are large and round and neat
But Lord, they are too big for feet."

"My child," He said in somber tones
"For miles I carried you along
I challenged you to walk in faith
But you refused and made me wait."

"You disobeyed, you would not grow
The walk of faith you would not know
So I got tired, I got fed up
And there I dropped you on your butt."

"Because in life there comes a time
When one must fight and one must climb
When one must rise and take a stand
Or leave their butt prints in the sand."

No comments: