Friday, July 24, 2009

Favorite Invention Friday


It was such an easy pick this week...sandwiched between two camping weekends. I want to celebrate the pop-up camper!

Speaking as an engineer, I have to say that I am impressed with the concept of the pop-up camper. It takes up so little space when all buttoned up but has a decent amount of room when fully opened. And it uses real estate wisely for stashing all of those camping necessities (many of those are worthy of their own FIF posts).

Speaking as a mom, I love all that it represents in our life--quality family time...away from distracting duties at home...opportunities to explore new places together...playing games...going on bike rides...skipping stones on any nearby body of water...passing time by poking at the campfire with sticks.

Now, I realize that it is not luxurious...but it keeps me...er...I mean...us...dry when it rains and we are off the ground away from the creepy-crawlies. It was perfect for breaking the family into the camping adventures and will help us appreciate any future upgrades.

If you want to read more about what I love about camping, you can go check out a post I did last year by clicking here.

Well, have to run...we are still packing for this weekend's fun!

2 comments:

Falula said...

I myself have benefitted from said pop-up. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

You are a favorite guest...pretty well-behaved too! Very welcome, you are!