Friday, June 12, 2009

They Got My Back


Well, the birthday celebration rages on...even though the big day was two days ago!!!

Today I want to give thanks for all of the special ladies in my life.

Let me start with my sister. She and I are total BFFs! While it was not always that way (you can read just one incident here), it is that way now. While we live time zones apart, we keep in touch through text messages, pictures on the phone, e-mail, Facebook and good old fashioned phone calls. Every visit is anticipated and relished. We don't necessarily agree with each other on all of life's issues, but we love and respect each other...always willing to listen and learn from each other. Jodi is creative, smart and one of the funniest people I know (second to my dad). (Pssst....don't tell her that I said any of that, ok?)


My two sisters-in-law (or is it sister-in-laws?) are two more special people that I can always count on. While I don't get the chance to spend much time with them, they are always nearby with an e-mail and a prayer. They are quick to send cards and flowers during tough times and I always learn something from them that helps me be a better mom. Remember...they were raised by one of my favorite Titus 2 women!

Then, there are all my sisters (or sistas!) that I'm not related to but could not be closer to. They too have been there in good times and bad. We encourage each other as wives, moms, teachers and followers of Christ. They have character and the courage to live that character out in their daily lives. I appreciate so much their efforts to always be working on themselves and their willingness to serve others.

I am thankful for each and every one of these special women...they have certainly played their part in building this cathedral (she's a brick...howwwse....oops! sorry! could not resist), whether they know it or not.

No comments: