Saturday, June 27, 2009

My New Follower (of the blog...not my cult)


I have to introduce you to my new follower...my grandma. She is 85 years old, we all call her "Granny", shares a birthday with my second daughter (shown in the photo)and she enjoys Twinkies.

I had the privilege of visiting her in Jonesboro, AR this past weekend. I managed to squeeze in a little one-on-one girlfriend time with her one morning...laughing about my life as a wife and mom, sharing how she managed to raise six kids (only one of them a daughter, my mom). Talk eventually turned to this blog.

I booted up my cousin's computer sitting nearby and shared my posts regarding my birthday gifts. I then brought my sister's blog up on the screen. It was so fun to laugh with her! After reading a few posts, I asked her if she needed a break or really didn't want to know that much about either my sister or myself. She looked at me and said, "I can't know enough about you." Made me weepy...so thankful for technology. So, I promised that my sister and I would keep our respective sites updated (Did you get that, Falula?). This will allow us to visit with her a little more often.

Now, if I could just get her to start a blog...

No comments: