Saturday, June 13, 2009

I am Blessed

So, have you been keeping up? While I realize that blogging really seems to be a self-centered enterprise, my hope is that my ramblings will help you recognize the blessing that have been placed in your life. As I wrap up this series of entries, there is still the most important gift in my life to be ooohhhhed and aaaahhhhed over...the gift of Jesus.

In his letter to the Romans, the Apostle Paul quotes Old Testament scripture to remind us that every person has sinned in some manner through their character, conversation and/or conduct. I know I have failings in each of those categories on a daily basis. Paul goes on to share the Good News, though, in Romans 5:8..."while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

So, I am thankful to God for the many blessings in my life...those described throughout the week and those still unmentioned. But, I am most thankful for God's love for me, a sinner...poured out through the sacrifice of his perfect and holy Son, so that I can look forward to eternal life (John 3:16).

No comments: