Thursday, June 11, 2009

His First Builders


Remember my top earthly priority? (If not, go here.) Well, two of the major reasons that he is the man that he is are my in-laws.

Many of my friends have had distressing in-laws issues, but God has blessed me in this area of my life too. My father-in-law is the friendliest guy you will ever meet...in fact I don't believe he has met a stranger yet. And my mother-in-law is the picture of a Titus 2 woman. I always learn something when I am around her. They have been loving towards me from the moment that I met them. I never feel as though I am being judged or am falling short of any expectations they may have for the wife of their son and mom of three of their grandchildren.

Speaking of the grandkids...they are adored by all of them. Grandpa and Grandma grab the kids and dash away with them for a long weekend. They spend their days celebrating "backwards day" where they start with dessert for breakfast and end with breakfast for dinner...going fishing...swimming...having a birthday party for everybody. This is on top of them attending school and sporting events...going garage saling with Grandpa...making cookies, having tea parties and playing games with Grandma. They, too, are setting the bar high for us as future grandparents.

They will be celebrating their forty-fifth wedding anniversary this year. They continue to serve others in countless ways...such a wonderful example for the rest of us. I thank them so much for the man they raised to be my best friend and I thank God that they are a part of my life.

No comments: