As summer comes to an end and all of our schedules begin to take shape for the fall, I would like to invite you to BSF -- Bible Study Fellowship. You can find more info about it and where to find a local class by going here.
Let me share with you what I gained from this experience.
- I came to understand that the entire Bible is about Jesus Christ.
- I came to understand that the Old Testament is not just a collection of children's stories, but foreshadowing of Jesus and His sacrifice for me.
- I came to understand the Epistles, Psalms and Proverbs.
- BSF provides historical and cultural context to make the Scripture clearer.
- The study is all about the Bible...no commentaries.
- They have a wonderful children's program!
- It's for everyone...there were over 150 churches represented in the class I attended.
- It created a habit of daily Bible reading and study.
- It helped me see the modern application of the timeless principles shared in the Bible.
- It challenged me regularly to examine my motivations, relationships and attitudes.
- I met wonderful ladies!
The BSF is a seven year program. I have been through the entire program once already. I am planning to return this year. I wanted to give my youngest the opportunity to participate in the BSF program. And, I know that I will learn because I am at a different point in my faith journey.
So...what do you say? Not sure what to do next? Go to the website link I shared above...look for a local class...call the administrator to find out when the next intro class is being held and go. There's no charge...and you can always change your mind. Now, there is work involved to get the most out of the class...but I promise that it is worthwhile and you will be blessed through the effort.
Update (10/22/09) -- They are adding an infant program! Yay for the young moms who will now be able to participate!! And they are adding a study of Isaiah...to be done next year. Yay!! My pastor has been covering Isaiah for the last several months, but you may never had the privilege of learning about it deeply. I'm excited to go over it again...catching any pieces I missed and re-inforcing the ones I caught.