Friday, September 18, 2009

Favorite Invention Friday!!!


My friendship with the calculator has been long...it has had different phases.

As a child, it was a toy..."What words could I spell?...HELLO...SHELLOIL...".

As a student that often found herself in math and science classes (pursuing an engineering degree will do that to you), it was often a necessity with homework, labwork and tests.

As an engineer, it was tool to getting the job done...whether calculating dimensions, machine rates or budget numbers.

And, even now, as a wife and homeschooling mom...it has a role in my life. Sometimes it's conversions in the kitchen or working on my budget. But, currently, it's most important job is helping me correct three- and four-digit multiplication and long division problems. I think this may be one of its most important functions yet.

No comments: