Saturday, April 4, 2009

Whew...Twice!

I was standing in the checkout line at the grocery store with all of my three girls. Ahhh...the checkout line...where you can actually be dumbed down by the media displayed and your kids can make that last ditch effort at getting you to buy something (candy) you had not planned to buy upon entering the store.

The girls were staring at the various magazines looking for pictures of High School Musical stars and Hannah Montana. Suddenly, one of them says "Hey mom! What's a 'mom from hell'?" Sure enough, it was written right on the front of one of the magazines about some tabloid victim. So, here's my first "whew"...as a homeschooling parent I was thrilled that they can read and can do so spontaneously because they want to, not because they have to. My second "whew"...that they had to even ask what a mom from hell is, instead of knowing exactly what it was based upon their own personal experience.

No comments: